About Flagler Avenue
Flagler Avenue, located in New Smyrna Beach, FL, is a treasure of yesterday’s old Florida ambiance. Stroll this charming historic street and leave a personal inscription on the “Walk of Fame” by having a brick engraved with your message. Leisurely walk the five blocks from the ocean to the river. Extend your stay and experience a spectacular oceanside sunrise or riverside sunset. Awake to the sound of the ocean or the natural beauty of the river and once again enjoy the enchantment of Flagler Avenue. For visitors and residents alike, this area also offers a vibrant nightlife and active community calendar of events. There’s always something happening on Flagler Avenue!
Annual Events on Flagler Avenue
- January – Annual Chowder Challenge
- February – Gumbo Challenge and Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday Parade
- March – Spring Sidewalk Sale, St. Patty Paw’s 2K and Shamrock and Roll 5K, Shamrock and Roll St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, Mac and Cheese Challange, and
- April – NSB Food Festival
- May – Cinco de Mayo Celebration and New Smyrna Beach Blues Festival
- June – Seaside Fiesta
- July – NSB Independence Day 5K, Flagler Ave. Ice Cream Social,
- August – NSB Shrimp & Seafood Festival
- September – NSB First Responder’s 5K, Labor Day First Responders Sidewalk Sale, Flagler Avenue Wing Walk, and New Smyrna Beach Jazz Festival
- October – New Smyrna Beach Country and Bluegrass Festival, Florida Craft Beer Tour, Flagler Avenue Chilli Challenge, New Smyrna-Ween
- November – Flamingo Follies and the Eat Street Food Court, NSB Slider Challenge, NSB Gobble Wobble 5K
- December – Light Up Flagler, NSB Cookie Challenge, NSB Christmas Parade. Flagler Avenue Cider Social and Grill Cheese Challenge, Flagler Avenue New Year’s Eve Celebration, and New Year’s Beach 5K
Wine Walk & Art Walk
Flagler Avenue is the setting for two great events: the monthly Flagler Avenue Wine Walk and Art Walk. At Wine Walk, explore over 100 interesting wines inside local pubs, galleries, and restaurants during this monthly progressive wine tasting event. Participants receive 20 drink tickets and a map of Flagler Avenue noting the participating venues and wines offered. Redeem your drink tickets for wine tastings anytime between 1pm and 7pm and enjoy a walk down Flagler Avenue! For more information visit www.partyonflagler.com.
$30 Tasting Passports are on sale day of the event at three locations along Flagler Avenue. You can purchase tickets in advance by visiting FlaglerAve.Eventbrite.com. Cash is accepted the day of the event, and there are ATMs at various locations. Start your Wine Walk by visiting one of the three tents to purchase tickets. Wine Walk tents will be setup at the following areas:
- Peninsula Ave and Flagler Ave in the parking area for Exit Realty
- At the corner of Cooper St. and Flagler Ave, next door to Pat Collado Real Estate
- Corner of N. Atlantic and Flagler Avenue.
Flagler Avenue’s monthly Art Walk is hosted on the same day as Wine Walk events, from 10am to 5pm. Nearly a dozen local and Florida artists scatter along the Avenue at 12 retail locations. Artists change each month to offer a unique variety of fine art and crafts. This event has been a part of the community for more than six years. For more information, please call 386–871-4540.
2020 Wine & Art Walk Dates:
- January 25
- February 22
- March 28
- April 25
- May 23
- June 27
- July 25
- August 22
- September 19
- October 24
- November 28
- December 26
About the Flagler Avenue Business Association
Flagler Avenue Business Association, for more than 30 years, has banded together as a self-governing group of active business owners who see the value in working together to create a better avenue. Each member has a chance to make a difference, be a part of our community and help their neighbors. We have a volunteer board of directors committed to the betterment of Flagler Avenue and the surrounding area. Their mission is to ensure positive growth and development of the area by planning and promoting Flagler Avenue to residents and tourists. FABA works closely with the City of New Smyrna Beach, the New Smyrna Beach Visitors Bureau, and community organizations to improve and promote economic development.
The Flagler Avenue Business Association is committed to promoting our beautiful avenue year-round in a variety of ways through advertising, promotions and special events. We are extremely pleased to launch the newest Marketing Campaign, “Meet Me On Flagler Ave.” Meet Me of Flagler Avenue will feature all of the members in the comfort of their own location, giving you a glimpse of what Flagler Avenue means to them and why they have chosen Flagler Ave. for their business. Check back often to so you can Meet Them on Flagler Ave.!
Pay for Your FABA Membership Online
Renew your membership dues online via PayPal (A PayPal account is not needed to pay online. You will be redirected to PayPal to complete the transaction securely with your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account.)
Membership Dues: $127.80 for 2020 (January – December)